Why I'm not sitting downstairs in front of the fireplace I don't know... Well okay, I do know. We got a good 5-7 inches of snow within the last 24 hours, it's still snowing and blowing, but not too bad, most of it occurred over night. Doug had fireman training this morning and it was drivers training. In order to drive the truck, you have to #1 know how to drive the big huge heavy truck.... #2 know how to run the pump aka. get the water running for a fire.. Doug generally drives the truck, which I prefer because that way he's not actually IN the fire. ( He's had some horror stories that upset me, usually months after the fact) Anyway, Doug did donuts in the parking lot at the school today with Engine 17 ( the newest 6 man truck) He was pretty excited. Anyway , he proved he can handle the truck in any weather and how to operate, he was then there to train other firefighters.
Today I have done ( thus far ) 5 loads of laundry and 3 batches of Christmas cookies. I have many more batches to go. The boys have really gotten into helping me. Bradley can help with the more complicated tasks this year, so that's been great!! I want the boys to have a great memory of Christmas this year , and it wont' be from "how much" they got at least in the way of gifts, but " how much" they got from the whole meaning of the season and the bonding family time with me and Doug. Mom never had us help with cookies much , we'd do it wrong.. I decided, my cookies may not look "perfect" but they are perfect because the boys helped. How did I ever pick up this tradition?? Anyway , this is why I haven't' sat in front of the fire, too many things to get done in the next week. I did get the boys room cleaned yesterday, I told them they had to keep them that way for the next week, Ryan then asked if after a week they could make them all messy again.... he's always thinking.. We are having Christmas Eve with the Arnett's at our house this year so that's why the house has to be extra clean and ready. We will also be gone next Saturday and Sunday, we are going to see our new great niece and her parents and grandparents. ;-) We can't get there on Christmas day because 6 hours in the car and ripping your kids away from their new stuff doesn't sound like fun. Doug has to work Monday until 2:30 and then Wednesday all day, his family was very understanding, especially his brother, whom is usually the one to get upset when we don't' follow what everyone else is doing. So it will be a beautiful quiet Christmas at our house, just as I remember. I still have some shopping to get done this week too.
On that note, I need to check my laundry, start supper and start ironing for work. I think I am done with cookies for tonight, I will do another batch or two tomorrow after work.
Sunday, December 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment