Saturday, December 15, 2007

Christmas Party

I had my work Christmas party yesterday. We went to Clemintines in South Haven. We always have so much fun. We all showerd the Dr. with lots of gifts, he was surprised he got so many things. We all usually go in on something, but this year, we all seemed to give him something extra from each of us. We also got Sally a gift from all of us and she was in on our gift exchange. I had Nancy's name this year, I got her a really nice George Foreman grill. She lost her's in the divorce and she loved to use it, and Lucas knows how to cook chicken on it when he's home on breaks. I found one for 1/2 price at Kohls the day after Thanksgiving, so I spent our $30 price limit ( plus tax) and got her double the gift, she was pretty happy. JoAnn had my name, I got a set of soft cozy jammies and some warm fuzzy socks that match and a bottle of shimmering body lotion in the Love Spell scent from Victoria's Secret that I love so much! She said she wasn't going to get me a gift card because I would spend it on my kids and she also told me not to return the gifts to buy for my kids either. She knows how I am , Funny when I told Kenny about that, he said, "She knows you well" I wore the jammies and socks last night, Ryan kept hugging and cuddling with me because I was so soft he said. Also from the Dr. we all got a $50 gift card to the Boatwerks resturanute in Holland and then we played a game and I won a $15 gift cert. to the Butler. These are also great gifts since Doug and I love to go out to eat , but we never do because we can't afford it. What a great day we had!! I have to say I have the best job with the best people ever!!!

I rolled all my change last night that I've been saving in a jar and my piggy banks for Christmas money. I was pleasantly surprised when I opened on piggy bank and I had stuffed actually bills in it. I had $38 just in paper money. I knew I had put lots of $1 bills in the jar, but I shoved a $10 a couple of $5's and a bunch of $1's in the piggy bank too. When I get change from shopping, I dump it in my purse, eventually I scoop it out of the bottom and then dump it in the jar or piggy banks, I do this for a year and then at Christmas time I roll it and have money. My jar had over $250 in it, and the piggy banks had $130 , which is good, the main thing Ryan wants the most is $130, Bradley's main thing I've had since September. So I will feel a little better about thier lean Christmas.
I've cleaned out and organized my baking cupboard and made my shopping list so I can get my cookies done in the next week. I am really going to have to get some going by tomorrow. I stared wondering how my mom ever got this stuff done when we were kids, but then I remembered she didn't work when we were the age of my kids... Oh well, we'll get it done, maybe not 15 different kinds, but some. Ryan is excited about helping too....

On the weather front, we have a storm warning starting tonight thru tomorrow morning. Bring it on, we haven't had much snow yet.

No comments: