Well, another Christmas has come and gone, According to the kids it was the best Christmas ever, I'd have to agree it was good. Christmas Eve we had the Arnett's over here. It was great, Uncle Jerry looks WONDERFUL!!! We are lucky he's still with us!! Marye my second cousin ( Uncle Jerry's granddaughter) was here with her 2-1/2 month old son named Ben ( My mom would be happy, she loved that name!!) So Uncle Jerry got a four generation picture and then he took pictures of each individual family and then a couple of group photos, We are blessed we could all be together, the only ones that couldn't be with us were my other cousin ( uncle Jerry's son) Allen and my sister. When Uncle Jerry got us all in position for our group picture, he said, "Now that I've got all of you together and a captive audience, I want to thank you ALL for being there for me when I was in the hospital and on my side" That was about all he could get out, he got pretty chocked up, as did most of us. I think it made us all a little closer, We all had a great time.
On to Christmas Day, this was our first Christmas morning ever where we didn't have to be on a schedule, nobody was coming over and we didn't have to go anywhere. The kids went downstairs to see if Santa had been there and sure enough, he had and he ate all his cookies and drank all his milk. They both looked a little bummed, The tree is usually packed with gifts under and around it, and this year there wasn't as much, it was a lean year, but they still got all the things they wanted the most, and like I said before, they said it was the best Christmas ever. We did go to Brighton over the weekend for the Bale Christmas, but it was only Mimi & Papa and Aunt Debbie & Uncle Terry, Andrea, "big" Ryan and Izzy the new baby, We did that Christmas in shifts.... On the way home we left early to get home and get groceries before the big storm was to hit. which was snow and high winds. It did get more nasty as the day went on, but it calmed down on Monday, we did have a white Christmas.
I guess that about sums it up.
Wednesday, December 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment