Monday, April 04, 2005

More beautiful sunshine!!!

Wow, where have I been? The couple weeks leading up to Spring break have been very hectic. I finally have pretty much wrapped up the fundraiser I was in charge of. It's amazing to me how many people either .. don't can't or just doesn't want to read and follow directions! Our pick up day came and went, The orders were to be paid for when they picked them up, I can't tell you how many people said they didn't know they were supposed to do that. Well, gosh, it told them in the original fundraiser letter that explained the whole thing, then again in the letter about the pick up night. UGH Then people didn't show up to pick up thier items, and then called the next day to pick them up. We sent them back to the company! So I gave everyone one last chance to pick up thier stuff, they have to turn in the money, and then I can schedule another pick up date for those orders. we made between $9000-$10,000 so I guess it was worth all the headaches and stress.
We are now on Spring Break, the kids were off on Friday, talk about, fighting ect. The kids actually drove me crazy, I know hard to belive that could happen! The weekend was better, it hasn't been yucky out, so they've been outside playing a lot. Guess who woke up crouping Saturday morning though... You guessed it, Ryan. We ended up going out to lunch and to Sam's club with my friend Pam and her 2 kids on Friday and then we went back to her house, so the kids could play, and then Pam had to run a couple errands and wanted us to go with, so we rode along, and we ended up going to the lab with her, she had to have some blood drawn, and while we were sitting in the waiting room (which luckly was empty besides us) I was reading a book to the kids ( which kept them quiet, Reading to Ryan works like a charm he loves to be read to, and now he likes the read the words he knows) And Ryan decided to start wheezing right them, Pam looked and us and said, What's that noise, I said, Ryan's wheezing. So we left after we got back to her house and I ran to Family Fare ( groceries) and got stuff to make burgers for supper, and then got Ryan home and hooked him up to his nebulizer. I had that feeling when he went to bed that night, that he would wake up crouping and he did. Now he's got the yucky nose with it, and we just keep doing his nebulizer treatments. It's still not stopping us from sending him outside to play. Yesturday was in the mid to upper 50's and the sunshine was plentiful! I just looked at Ryan and his little face got sunburned... He and Bradley were outside ALL day long! Today is supposed to be in the lower to mid 60's and tomorrow lower to mid 70's and sunny both days! I actually got outside and worked in the front yard yesturday. Last year we got landscape blocks and then put down some weed barrier right in front of the front window and then put down red lava pebbles, we chose not to do mulch because we had a carpenter ant problem when we moved in and the bug people said mulch would be bad especially with all the trees we have, so we went with the pebbles, anyway, we only got that one little section done, so in the Menards ad yesturday they had them on sale , so I got 10 bags ( all I could get in the van ) and so now I am about 1/2 the length of the house. So today, I need to run to Menards again and get more weed barrier, and get more rocks, so hopefully, I'll have the front done by the time Doug gets home from work. It looks so much better then just being started, but we only have so much money and time. We'd like to go around the side of the house around to the back, but we'll see, just getting to the side by fall would be good. We are also going to need a load of river rocks for around the pool, I put new weed barrier down last year, after moving all the rocks and putting them back down, so we need more rocks to fill in the gaps. Way better than the weeds before!!!
Today, I also have to deposit paychecks into the accounts of co-workers who are away on Spring Break and pay 2 bills for one of them. It's a good thing we didn't go anywhere, I can take care of everything for everyone! ha ha I don't mind, that's what friends are for! I'm also taking care of 2 fish a frog and a cat and a hot tub! There really is a lot of work with a hot tub, I checked the chemicals last night and added chlorine and ph decreaser. So today , I will check it before I go to Holland so if it's still not balanced, I can take a water sample to Zagers so it will be nicely balanced. People put thier trust in me, I won't let them down.
Well, Ryan is up and has his 3 medications to get him started for the day, and Bradley is still sleeping, so I think I will get in the shower and start breakfast. Have a great day!

1 comment:

Tom said...

Sandra:
Thanks for chiming in on my blogg the past five weeks. You mentioned your dad several times. I thought about him a lot as we travelled the roads. To me, as a neighbor and friend, he was the consumate trucker. He was safe, steady, reliable, honest, trust-worthy...you name it. I try to imagine who is driving the rigs I saw...Larry Arnett...or Joe Just-one-notch-above-a-creep.
Keep blogging. You have a great style and tell family stories that are interesting. I am proud of you as I read your stuff; first, because you are a long time friend, and second, because your material shows you to be a well adjusted parent and wife. Keep it up. Tom