I had a reallly quiet weekend. Mimi called Saturday morning at 8:30am and asked what Bradley was doing this weekend, I said nothing he had been at Student Activity night at the school the night before. So she asked if he could go with them to Aunt Debbies in Mt. Pleasant, so I asked him if he wanted to go, and Doug comes running to where I was on the phone and said, Only Brad?? And of course Mimi said, yes only Brad ( she treats Ryan totally different, but that's a whole other post) So she said she'd be here in 1-1/2 hrs to pick him up. Ryan was all bummed, he wanted to go, but I saidwe'd find fun things to do, but that didn't matter, he wanted to go. About 2 minutes later, Mimi called back and said to pack for Ryan too, Papa says' he's going with. Ryan was beaming, he was so excited, almost as excited as Doug! ha ha. I asked Ryan what I was supposed to do all day, with them being gone, He said I should do laundry because that's fun! silly kid. Doug was gone before the kids left, he had to go to the Fire Dept. to help the chief with the Explorers group, and then he had to go work his 3rd job, and then as the day went on, he ended up going to 4 fires, 3 where for mutal aid to other stations. He had said that we would leave around 5pm and go out to eat somewhere, well, 5 came and went, then 6 came and went, then 7 came and went, then around 7:30 Doug finally came home. We ended up at Logan's Roadhouse to eat at 8:30pm. Better late then never. I actually sat around the house all day, did a manicure, pedicure all those girly things I never have time for. I will admit, I did get a little bored, but it was sort of a nice change. Sunday morning, Doug had training, so he was gone before 7am. I got up at 8 and start laundry, boy was that fun! ha ha Doug came home for lunch and so we went downtown and ate at the Blue Goose ( why cook when the kids are gone) then after lunch, he went back to the Fire Station and so I went shopping. I had to take back some shorts I got for Brad last week, kids growing like a weed. So then I got him 2 more pair, and I got both boys some new sunglasses and I got Ryan a shirt. I also went to Meijers to take back cans. Then I went to Target and got a glow in the dark basketball ( we needed an extra, and I knew plain orange wouldn't be exciting enough) . Then I came back home and continued on laundry and did ironing. How exciting! Then Doug came home after I started the charcoal for the grill and then he got in the shower and ended up getting another fire call, this time for someone in town with a grenade... Or so it ended up just looking like one. Anyway, until they knew that it wasn't a real one, the FD had to block off all streets in town. Doug left his pager with me, so I could hear what was going on. So when I heard them say they were clear of the scene and in route back to the station, I knew I could put the pork chops on the grill. The boys got home around 7:30 pm . Ryan napped until they got home, so needless to say, Ryan was up till 11pm and was again up at 7:20am, Boy will he be grumpy this afternoon. Good thing Doug will be able to pick them up from Camp Blackhawk early! He has a physical this afternoon at 3pm, first one since..... Middle school sports! YIKES~ Hope it all goes well!!
Guess I'd better get on with my day!
Monday, April 18, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment