Spring Break has come to an end. We have had the best weather! I kept waiting for a cold rainy day to take the kids to a movie or some indoor activity, It never happened. We pretty much stayed home most of the week, besides the occasional trip to Holland for lunch and landscaping supplies ( the front of the house is done!) The kids love to play outside, (mostly in the dirt with thier John Deere toys) So they did a lot of that! I also got them a Tee for baseball, so they can practice thier hitting. Bradley really doesn't need a tee, but Ryan does, and Brad demonstates for him. Doug also finally got our basketball hoop up. He grumbled about the pole directions the whole time he was putting it together. (It's adjustable) But once it was up and done, he was pretty happy with the pole I got. It's really easy to adjust, even for me (and I'm NOT tall!!) The kids love it! I had 6 kids over here yesturday playing. My dad would be so proud that there is a basketball hoop in the yard, and baseball's laying around.. and of course, John Deere toys and dirt! Boy stuff!
Speaking of Doug, We haven't seen very much of him. He pretty much spent all day at the Fire Station yesturday. It's been so warm and dry that there have been lots of grass fires, illegal burns, and people burning strange things ( TV's, fridges.... I know , very odd ). He did make it home for supper, ( steak on the grill) Then he got another call and was off. According to our forcast, there isn't much of a break in sight. The FD has had 1/3 of thier calls since January in the last week. They had 4 yesturday. They get paid twice a year. Once in June, the other in December. Doug's in all his glory , he lives for this stuff.
I bought a new charcoal grill Saturday. We bought one last year ( on sale for $25) to see if we'd like it better than gas and found out we really do! So I got an Aussie Walkabout at Lowes. The best part, it was already assembled, which was good , because Doug was at a fire when I got home from Holland. ( I had to go to the FD to find the boys) So I was able to fire up the grill before Doug came home. ( Oh, last years grill was pretty much on it's last wobbly leg, we use it that much!) When it's nice, that's my main mode of cooking .
Bradley will be starting baseball within the next few weeks, he can hardley wait. I got him 2 new pair of baseball pants, and a new pair of cleats ( last years cleats were size 1, I had to buy a size 3, kids growing like crazy!!) He also wants me to get "athletic" pants for him for practice, not sweat pants. He's got a good swing, he's finally getting some power behind it. Ryan is excited because he will be starting Tee ball in May. We will have a ball game on Monday , Wednesday and Thursday nights and Saturdays. Spring will be busy. Ryan's Tee ball should be done by Mid June and Bradley will have baseball from the end of April until July. I also have to go sign the kids up for swimming lessons at the Aquatic Center. This will be Brad's 6th year in lessons. He really doesn't "need" them, but they work on his strokes and helps with his diving, and he just loves it. This will be Ryan's second year, he also loves it!
I guess I'd better get on with my day, it looks like another beautiful one, and Bradley got off to school and Ryan is excited that he goes back today too. I've got laundry going already, and just took Chicken out of the freezer ... to grill and need to make beds yet, then Ryan and I can go out and play until it's time to go to school. I'll try not to be such a stranger, but when it's so nice out, I rarely turn on the computer! Have a GREAT day!!
Monday, April 11, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment