Thursday, March 20, 2008

What a week

Wow, a whirlwind of a week. Monday after work I had to go over to Dave & Denise's to finish working on the Scout recruiting posters for Conferences... Then Tuesday after work I had to go to Ryan's conference... he's doing extremely well academically, and he's getting better at controlling himself and not blurting out answers all the time, shows more self control, apparently he thinks about it before he actually does it now... Wednesday after work I had to go to Bradley's conferences, they were really nice, I enjoyed being able to talk to his teachers one on one and I finally met Mrs. Thebo in person, she was so excited to meet me.. made me feel good. Both she and Barb said Bradley has really improved, he asks for things now if he doesn't have it and asks questions if he doesn't understand it. The only problem he's really having is comprehending what he's reading. He will have 7 different things to use to help with that all summer, so we'll keep working on that throughout the summer. Of course for me to help him well, I have to read whatever he's going to read first. Anyway, he still has improvements to make but he's making progress and he knows between me and his teachers, he can't get away with not doing his work!! Today at 10:00 am I have to go to the Oral Surgeon to have a tooth out... I am really upset about this because being in the dental profession I shouldn't be losing a first molar... I have battled with this tooth for the last 20 years. After seeing the Endodontist to retreat the root canal, he decided it's fractured and can't be saved. I am so nervous about today, so I can't wait to get it over with. My boss did say as soon as the tooth comes out my bacteria level will drop 5000% ( an exaggeration) he said this after looking at my xray. It's badly infected and I know I will be better off without it. And I do work for a dentist so I will have a bridge put in, so it's not like I'll be without it forever.... just a few months so it can heal properly, still no fun!! My boss also told me yesterday that I can't come back to work until I was missing that tooth and he will check... this is so I won't chicken out.

No comments: