Thursday, January 03, 2008

Need Prayers

I know with the help of many of you that read my blog, the extra prayers will make a difference. We have a group of friends we do things with, the Johnson's ; Dave, Denise , Matthew (11), Sarah (8) and the Schmucks ; Ray, Candy; Ryan (11), Nathan (8) , all the kids are involved in Scouts (Sarah is a girl scout though) and all are in the same grades, except Sarah whom is in 3rd, but close enough. Anyway, on to why the extra prayers are needed.... Last night Ryan S. stayed the night with Matthew, they were outside sledding behind a snowmobile. Matthew was driving , Ryan was riding, Ryan fell off the sled, Matthew turned around to come back to get him and Ryan hid in a snowbank, and Matthew no knowing where he was ran him over with the snowmobile.. the Helmet shattered. ( Thank goodness there was a helmet, Dave and Denise will not let anyone play without a helmet when it comes to that sort of stuff. ) Long story... a little shorter, Ryan is in Spectrum health Pediatric ICU He came out of a surgery this morning at around 6am, his eye socket shattered. They are going to do light testing over the next couple days, if he can't see any light through it, they will have to remove the eye. They are also concerned with Brain swelling due the the head trauma, as of about an hour ago, he's awake, knows where he is and knows what happened... Now on to the other family. They feel horrible, they feel it's their fault. Matthew told his parents he will never get on a snowmobile again and wants to kill himself because it's all his fault. Denise told me this awhile ago. I said he needed to see a counselor right away. So I got their ins. info and found a great place recommend by another friend of mine who's son is also a friend, so I called them, gave them the story found out they accept their ins. so I called Denise back and gave her the #, so I'm hoping she's called, I think the whole family needs to go.. they are devastated. The Schmucks have told them it was an accident and accidents happen, but Johnson's still feel responsible. I feel so bad for all of them!!! I wish there was something I could do.. I wonder if there is a way to put on some sort of benefit to help with the expenses.. I don't even know how to go about that. Hmmmm
Anyway, please send lots of extra prayers this way. Thank you!!

No comments: