Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Blizzard conditions

Okay, so yesterday was 45 degrees and it rained, then the temp took a nose dive and within hours, we had ice, snow and blizzard conditions and right now it's 8 degrees with a wind chill of -12 . Brr there are over 300 school closings. Our electric flickered on and off a few times though out the night. Our Honeywell call from the school letting us know we had a snow day came at about 4am ( yes, I left my phone on to get the call!!!! ) It took Doug about an hour to get to work ( a trip that generally takes about 23 minutes) He just called to let me know he made it. Nancy said she can't get out of her driveway yet so until she can we can't go to work, I am ready and waiting though. I just saw on the news Grand Valley is closed today... wow! The kids are still sleeping. Ryan asked me yesterday when Spring will be here.

No comments: