Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Going well

Well, the benefit is coming together really well!! Cranes is actually going to make the Sloppy joes for me, I had all the burger donated, buns, chips, pickles, plates, napkins, cups, silverware and lots of people are making desserts!! I have a feeling, we're going to run out of food before 2pm. I also got 5 fleece blankets donated to raffle off. I don't think I've ever felt so good about something. I actually feel like I've done something to make a difference. This family moved into our community about 3 years ago, there boys are the sames ages/grades as ours. We've always known them, but just basically saw each other at school/sports things, but in the last year or so with Scouts/School/Sports we started doing stuff with them and the Johnson's. We all have so much fun as do the kids. I think the last time I did something I was really excited about for a friend would be a surprise birthday party... when the birthday girl fell to the floor, did you really not know about it??!! ;-) I'll stop blabbering now!!
On a different note it is COLD here!! But we actually saw sunshine all day!! I had forgotten how happy it makes me feel!! More snow is on the way.
Doug's transmission has passed away in his car, that's not so good, so we are juggling one car right now. I think I have to walk to a hair appt. tomorrow, but I get the car on Friday, I decided if I had to choose one day, I pick Friday. He's got a lead on a new tranny, but we'll see if it pans out cheap enough.
The dryer needs parts, I keep having to go to the laundry mat to dry any really big or heavy load.
The oven seems to need a new heating element ( I hope that's it) it's not getting hot enough, but we do have a spare oven downstairs.
That's about all that's going on here ;-)

No comments: