Well, I am SO ready for Spring. Will it ever arrive? Our forcast calls for snow, snow and more snow, nothing much to pile up, but snow. And cold. Our average hights for this time of year are 40 degress, and as I type, it's 18, with a high in the mid 20's. Hard to believe in about 2 months we're going to be getting ready to get the pool open.
I have again, missed another week of work. Ryan started with croup ( yes again) on Sunday, he was really bad all day long. I was able to open his airway up better by taking him out in the cold air ( okay, so there is one benefit to it being cold outside) Steam has never worked for him. So Sunday night I tried to figure out what I could do to help him breath better without spending the night on the patio. So I opened his bedroom window and closed his door. It was really cold in there, ( I piled 3 blankets on him) But he was breathing really well. By Mid Monday the crouping was gone. By 11:30 Sunday night he started running a fever. I took him to the Dr. Monday morning and they said the fever was probably just from the croup, which had subsided by the time I got there ( of course) So back home we went, grateful he didn't have pneumonia back. On the way home, he got the chills really bad, he couldn't stop shaking, and I had the heat on full blast. He got tears in his eyes, and said, I think I'm going to cry. He felt that bad. By the time we got home his fever was up to 104. As the day went on, the fever was really hard to keep under control, lots of tubbies to bring it down temporarily. Then intense body aches kicked in. To dry him off was horrible for him, it hurt just to be touched. He also completley lost his appetite. ( He'd been eating really well, since the pneumonia ) Would'nt eat a thing. He looks so pitifull. So basically, Influenza has hit our house. Both the boys had Influenza the year my Mom died ( 3 yrs ago) both started with 105 fevers, and the fever stuck around for 6 days, hovering in the 103-104 area even with medicine. Since then, I have always gotton them the flu shot at the request of Ryan's allergist. So they did both have the shot, so I"m hoping it won't be as severe, which so far, still isn't as bad as 3 years ago. I'm really hoping, it stops with Ryan. I sort of feel like Martha lately, and Ryan is my tether....
Friday would of been my Mom's 64th Birthday.
Wednesday, March 09, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment