Saturday, March 19, 2005

Freezing rain

Will this weather never end? This morning we woke up to 29 degrees and freezing rain. It is still raining, but it's up to a whopping 32. It's supposed to clear up and have a high of 42 today. We'll see. Spring Break is in 2 weeks, so it's got to start looking up. All of our friends are going to Florida or Alabama for a week, we will , as usual be staying home. I have asked them all for one souvenier.... Bring back warm weather and sun !!!!
The Inlaws were in St. Louis this morning, it was 39 degrees and sunny. They are headed back this way, so however long it takes them to get from St. Louis Mo to here, is when they'll be home! I hope Mimi is ready to spend some "bonding" time with Ryan on Wednesday mornings again!
I am thinking about picking up an extra 1/2 day at work this fall . I may have to chance towork all day Monday rather than my 1-5 that I work now. I am hoping it will work out, because I would rather go into work as soon as the kids go to school and work all day. That would put me up to 20 hours a week, which is pretty good considering just over a year and a half ago, I was only working 5 hours a week. I would then be making enough to make the car payment and the house payment. Which is a very good thing. Seems the older kids get, the more expensive they get. Jeans wear out before they actually grow out of them. Since fall, I have gotten Bradley 9 pairs of jeans... 3 of which don't have a hole in the knee..... yet. I even buy the tough skin jeans at Sears with the double thickness in the knee... They still don't withstand a 9 year old that spends more time crawling on the ground than a baby... Or he "falls" while trying to catch a ball.. apparently, it's better to dive for the ball and crash to the ground. At least he doesn't sit in a cornor of the playground shivering or doing nothing, I have to admit, both boys are very active. Sure, they have all the video games and they both have TV's and VCR's and DVD players in thier rooms, but I almost think that has helped, because they rarely sit and stare at them. It is great when they are sick, it keeps them contained to thier rooms and they stay in bed where it's all comfy cozy for them. Then they can watch movies or whatever. But when it's really nice outside, they will wake up and ask to go outside to play and then they will play until we make them come in. Even now it's cold and rainy out, they are playing with cars, I hear lots of sound effects, I'm glad they went downstairs!
I hear a load of laundry screaming my name, and some cabinets want to be organized and thier doors all cleaned... I'm in the Spring cleaning mood... Is that because Mimi will be back to babysit here?? Probably! ha ha
Nothing real exciting going on here, and that's always a good thing!!

No comments: