Monday, March 14, 2005

Robots

The kids and I went to see Robots yesturday. Ryan had been waiting for it to come to the Theater. ( Talk about well advertised) It was really cute. A lot of humor adults would understand more than kids. It kept Ryan's intrest the entire 1-1/2 hrs. It's so cute to hear the kids laughing and see them smiling. They had a great time. The theater was packed, we got the last 3 seats in the upper section . The lower section is compared to sitting in the front row in a regular theater. We went to the Cinemark at Rivertown. I love that theater because it's got stadium seating and no matter how tall the person in front of you is, your view is not obstructed ( I say this because I'm so short) Plus the seats are large and comfy, the arm rests inbetween can go up, so you can sit with your sweety and cuddle ( My sweety would be Ryan and he loves this feature!) There is also lots of leg room , enough in fact that Ryan can get out of his seat, walk over to mine and climb up on me without disturbing anyone. After the movie was out, we went into the Mall, it was also packed!!! To the point where I wouldn't let Ryan let go of my hand in fear of losing him. Brad hung on to my purse handle, so he wouldn't lose me either. So we got our cookies and left. Hard to belive there is a recession.... People had bags in thier hands too... I did not! ha ha I can't shop with 2 little boys in tow. I can with one but not two! Just think, next school year I can spend the entire day at the Mall all alone.... I've actually done this, I got bored after an hour. Have I mentioned that next year Kindergarten will be all day every day?
Speaking of that, I really had a tough time deciding what the right thing to do for Ryan would be. He's in what is called Kickstart Kindergarten. Sort of a young 5's. This was a new program this year. The Kindergarten teachers test the kids at K-round up to see where the child should go, Kick start, or regular K. Ryan was tested and Mrs. S said " You know Ryan is smart enough to be in regular K, and I said, Ya.... but he's too young!!" So they let me put him in the Kickstart. So now his teacher , Mrs. V ( who is GREAT!) said she'd really like him to go to 1st grade. She said he's not a problem child, but he's "high energy" and she's afraid if he gets bored, he may become a problem. She said I have to realize that he will be in class with kids that don't even know thier colors. Apperently Ryan is very smart. I knew he was pretty bright, but I didn't realize to what extent. So anyway, I had talked with the K teachers and they think they can keep him challenged enough to keep him out of trouble ( I have also requested a certain teacher that I know will be really good about that) . I also talked with a 1st grade teacher to get her opinion. And she told me that she's got a really bright boy in her class, also a very young 6 and because he doesn't have the maturity, she can't get the work out of him, he can do it, he just doesn't want too. So that right there made up my mind that I was doing the right thing by putting Ryan in Kindergarten next fall. I then had a talk with the Principal , she asked me what I was thinking of doing with Ryan, ( she's subbed in his room a couple times in the last few months) I told her Kindergarten and she agreed with me, do to the maturity level, she said he is extremly bright (always nice to hear) but we should let him be a little kid, a little longer. So that made me feel really good too. I kept thinking if he went to 1st grade that would make my babysitter issues easier in the winter, but those are the wrong reasons to send a child to 1st grade, so the all day everyday Kindergarten has all around made my life a little easier. I think Ryan will do well, he is usually up in the morning before Brad gets on the bus and he's still going strong in the evening. Just think he'll be with all those germs all day everyday.... BLAH He is going to love it though. He loves school.
Tomorrow The Incredibles comes out on DVD, Ryan has also been telling me exactley what day that will be, so I'm sure before he goes to school and I go to work tomorrow, we will be out buying The Incredibles.... I also have to get paint for Bradley's room.

No comments: