Thursday, January 13, 2005

Wow....

Wow, where have I been ?? Must be busy not doing much of anything! Last Saturday Bradley started Blackhawks Junior hoops basketball. It was amazing how many kids were there. Seems everyone has cabin fever, or kids are driving thier parents crazy so they need to get out of the house! Anyway, it's 1-1/2 hrs long on a Saturday morning. Brad LOVES it! We tried the Pee-wee football thing a year ago, and he's not into that. He wanted to play hockey, but that's just WAY too expensive and just for practices it's about a 40 minute drive. He loves baseball and lives for Spring, so now his enthusiasm for basketball is about same as baseball. Now, if only I could get him intrested on being on a swim team. He's a fish in the water. I guess I should take him to a swim meet. Ryan, just wants to be old enough to do his own sports, he's tired of just watching his brother, he'll get to start T-ball this summer. ( t-ball is painful for the parents, you have about 25 kids per team and they all get a chance to bat, and they get many tries to hit and then all get to run around the bases at least 3 times per game, it takes FOREVER!!) Bradley came home on Saturday and then said " I can't belive I'm saying this , but, I can't WAIT for next Saturday"

I've been checking into this Once a month cooking thing my friend Amy http://www.pintglass.org/amy told me about. I've been feeding the idea into some of my friends heads to start a cooking group of our own. It sure would make dinner time a lot less confusing. I only work part time, but those 3 days are tough when it comes to getting hungry kids fed quickly!!

Yesturday the temp got up to almost 60 degrees. We even had a couple Thunder storms. Ryan was NOT thrilled to be going to school in a storm. He wanted to stay home with me. He said if he stayed home with me, I wouldn't be scared... I was sort of excited about having an afternoon all to myself since I had the day off, But when I took Ryan to school, I got busy at the school and ended up bringing them home after school, since I never left! Tonight I have a PTO meeting, unless the roads get really bad. It's pouring rain and the temps are supposed to drop dramatically and then everything will freeze.... yuck!!

No comments: