Where has the summer gone? It's July 3, and it's 63 degrees at 2:21 in the afternoon. We had nasty storms roll through here again yesterday afternoon/evening. I was at work, Ryan was home with Bradley, freaking out. I called Scovill's and asked if the boys could come over, they got there quickly! I'm glad they did, because it looked like 10pm at 5:00 and the wind and rain were terrible, trees and wires down all over from here to North of GR. It was a cold front, obviously... Supposed to be a dry weekend, temps ranging from the low 70's tomorrow up to the low 80's by Sunday. Hopefully we'll get summer weather sometime before September.
We have a small vacation planned for August. We have a campsite reserved for 2 nights in the Soo, we have a sight with a view, but not right on the water. We are taking my in-laws 5th wheel camper, so I'm not roughing it! ;-) I'm really excited. I also bought tickets online for the SS Valley Camp museum and the Tower of History. Things we've never done up there. I'm still trying to find out from Doug if he wants to go out to the Island so I can order Ferry tickets and Fort tickets. I'm sure we'll also hit some of our favorite shops in Mackinaw City. Doug took a 1/2 day on a Friday so I'll get the camper packed up and ready on Thursday and he'll take it to work on Friday, then the kids and I can get our last minute groceries and meet Doug at work and leave from there, that way we can leave right at noon rather than waiting till after 1 or 2. Nice to have a plan. We haven't done a family vacation in 2 years. It'll be short but great!
Not too much else going on here. Just busy working all the time and trying to keep up on laundry!
Thursday, July 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment