Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sorta sad....

Well, I just got Doug and Bradley off to Boy Scout camp for the next week. I've been so busy for the past few days getting things washed and packed and ready to go.... Now, they're gone. At least I don't cry in front of them anymore ;-) I know they'll have a good time, and I'lll get used to it being just me and Ryan, it does sort of mean I can make PB&J , Mac n Cheese and chicken fingers for supper all week... We do go Wednesday for Parent night at camp, it's a potluck where the parents bring food to feed everyone. I am making subs... I think I'll make a special batch of cookies just for my guys too since I fixed my oven this week ( all by myself!! which I have mentioned but am very proud of!!) This year I sent them with Mosquito netting for thier cots since they've been so bad this year! I made sure to pack everything on the list thier scoutmaster sent home, so they should be set. I will take a few extra towels with me on Wednesday and swap dirty for clean. I also gave them both 2 laundry bags, so I can take a load home with me. They come home on Saturday the 26th.


July 27th will be our 17th wedding anniversary. I really can't believe how fast time flies, especially when I look at my 8 & 12 year old boys. Doug already gave me my present ( he can never wait ) He got me an anniversary ring. Here's a picture of it.
On Monday the 28th we begin having the wood floors in the bedrooms done. The only floors in the house to ever be sanded/sealed are in the living room. Which has been about 12 years ago. The boys rooms have never been done and our room is carpet over wood, so we'll start with Ryans , then go to Brads, then we'll rip up our carpet and do ours and then we'll re-seal the living room. Denise's mom and step dad do this as a side job, so they will do ours for the cost of the sealer. It will be really nice to be able to go in thier rooms and clean them every week. So this week I will "shovel" out Bradley's room and then I'll be moving Ryan's bed in there so come Monday his room will be ready to go. We got Ryan an Aquarium yesterday but then I had to tell him we can't set it up until his room is done. I don't want to have to move it.
On that note, since I'm feeling better about the boys leaving I will go start on Bradley's room.

No comments: