Wow, ever feel like your on a roller coaster that you can't get off of? Or on a boat in high seas and can't find land.... I need some Dramamine... This week at work was Michelle our hygienists last week, yesterday was her last day. She is moving to Tennessee with her husband. His job has moved him out there for up to a year. His company pays for him to live out there besides his normal salary, so they will keep their home in South Haven, but live there. They can also fly home twice a month if they wish. Next week is Libby's last week another hygienist, she is expecting her second baby in 2 months. and decided to cut back so she'll work 2 days a week in Hamilton where she's also been working. She lives in Hamilton. Then the following week will be JoAnn and Nancy's last week. Our new "CEO" doesn't want any part time people, so Jo that took over for me when I took a leave of absence when my dad died lost her job, she didn't want more than 2 days a week. Then JoAnn decided she didn't want to work more than 3 days a week, that wasn't an option, so she's leaving. And Nancy, is moving in with Dave on the other side of the state. she's also going to take her boards again to be a Med Tech which is what her college degree is in, so she'd like to utilize it again. It's a good time to make this big transition. I will really miss her the most, we've really gotten close over the last few years. So that left ... me. We have another Hygienist, Mary-pat who will work 1 day a week, but otherwise, the entire staff will be different. I will also no longer be "bull pen" which for me... is good. I prefer front desk. Deb ( "CEO" ) called me today and asked if that would be okay, I said it would be great! I will also now work 5 days a week, but Tuesdays when the office is closed, I can #1 wear anything to work and #2 only have to work 10:00 am until 2:45, so I'll be home when the kids get home. I will be there to answer the phone and direct emergencies to the Holland office. It looks as though the name of the practice will be Lakeshore Smiles. I now have to go out and buy a couple more pairs of black scrubs and a pair of black crocs to wear. Shirts will be provided.
Tonight our Dental supply rep took us out for drinks at Wally's in Saugatuck, it was Tom, Sally, Jo, Nancy and myself. We had a great time. I will really miss all that. The people I have work with for so many years are like family to me....
Last night Ryan and I went to Camp for Parents night and where they have to call out ceremony for the Order of the Arrow. We had 2 leaders and 3 boys get called out for that. Doug had to call out the names for our troop. You have to be nominated by the troop to get in and you also have to be a first class scout. Bradley just made first class last week. They are having a great time. Bradley's been really busy with his merit badge classes. He took... Citizenship in the Nation ( Eagle required) Motorboating, Small boat sailing, Camping ( Eagle required ) and Climbing, it's a pretty hefty schedule. He wishes he could do small boat sailing all day everyday. Doug called tonight, he's ready to come home. Bradley is torn, he'd like to be home, but he'd like to stay another week... I'd better get this house in order before Saturday at noon, when they come home.
Speaking of getting the house in order all Bradley has left in his room is his bed and big furniture. Today, I started on Ryan's room. Tomorrow I should get it finished, then Sunday all we have to do his get his big furniture out and put his bed in Bradley's room for a couple of days... Then I can re-assemble Ryan's room and then start on Bradley's floors... I never thought about how much work goes into the prep. I will also have to dust, vacuum, mop and clean the bathroom and buy groceries tomorrow, and get the laundry from the office and get it washed an ironed ( I only have 2 weeks left of that too ) so I won't have to do anything but be home with all my boys on Saturday and Sunday. I'd like to have a fun cook out Sunday for our anniversary.
I'd better get to bed, I'm meeting Michelle from work for Breakfast tomorrow so we can say our good-bye's...
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment