Sunday, February 10, 2008

Arctic air

The tempurature is 3 the wind chill is -19 I'd say that defines cold! And it's windy with wind gusts around 38. Our power flickered on and off a lot all night. We have a lot of firewood downstairs in case the power were to go out, we'd get hungry though, everything here is electric.

Ryan and Doug went on a cubscout outing yesterday, sledding, they rode with Ray and Nathan Schmuck. Ryan & Nathan said they were "bruvers" Then we went to Schmucks last night for game night and they continued to have fun. They were upstairs playing school with Nathans cousin Andrew, they read him books and everything, Candi was schocked because Nathan doesn't even like school. Andrew got all stars on his work. Candi asked if Ryan would spend the night sometime, she'd like to have him over in the next couple of weeks. I think it's worth a try, then we need to ship Bradley off for the night too, And Doug and I could go out to the Butler and use our gift certificate and just be alone for a change. I love my boys dearly, but once in a while and evening with no kids arguing over which cat is "thiers" or having them show up in the middle of a conversation and start asking questions and putting thier 2 cents in would just be nice and relaxing. ( We actually call Bradley 2 cents a lot)

Bradley and I went to his Basketball game, they won 49-6 2 of the boys weren't there so the other 5 played the entire game, they did great. Bradley even got 4 points. He's getting more aggresive and has ( I don't know if I can use this term in basketball, but I am ) intercepted the ball, stolen the ball and he gets in there to get the rebound. His coach says he's really doing well and really listens to what he's told to do and then does it ( I wish he was like this with academics) Brad loves his coach and says he's learned so much this year and actually understands the game better. So they are 2-2, those Holland and Hamilton teams are big.

Somehow I ended up with Pnuemonia this past week. I actually got sick enough to go to the Dr. on Tuesday, I try not to whine, I didn't realize I was so sick, the Dr. told me to go home instead of going back to work, so I did, I went home and went to bed ( the kids were home, yes another snow day) But I made it to work on Wednesday, I just rested when I got home. I layed low on Thursday and Friday, did a little around the house, but rested a lot. I am done with the antibiotic and the steriod for my breathing, the antibiotic was a 5 day thing but I guess it works for another 5 days, wierd. I also had to use Ryan's nebulizer, my asthma apperently kicked in with it, which I havent' had an issue with since I was in high school. Now I have to go for bloodwork for a bunch of other things. the Dr. decided I really need to take care of myself for a change. He's right. I need to be around for many years to come. And on that note, it's been 6 years since the passing of my Mom. I can't belive it's been that long. I really wished both my parents were here to see the boys, they'd be having so much fun together. Dad always wanted a boy, can you imagine him with both boys....

No comments: