What is the deal with this summer flying by?? I am really not ready for school to start. Last year was really tough on us, with Ryan being sick all the time, I don't really want to start that whole cylce over again. Why can't people keep thier sick kids home?? I guess I'm really lucky that my job allows me to be home when I have to be. I will also be changing my hours, so I will no longer work Mondays when school starts, I will only work my noon to 6 (ish) Tuesdays and 8-5 on Wednesdays. Which is actually perfect, because if JoAnn's daughter gets sick or her, I am there to Assist if needed. I pretty much always work with Nancy except she leaves at 4, so if I can't be there due to illness in the household, then someone just has to cover those late afternoon hours. That's the reason I work as a Receptionist rather than an Assistant now, less hassle when someone in the house is sick.
Our pool has been giving us grief, I for the life of me can't keep chemicals in it. It went cloudy over a week ago, and I just about had it clear, when it got chilly for a couple days, and the solar cover went on, and back to cloudy.... grrrr I wouldn't trade having the pool for anything. After growing up with it ( well, since 7th grade) I think it's great for my kids. Basically, I guess they are growing up the same way I did... ( But hopefully not afraid of thier mother ).
Doug and I celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary. It was pretty uneventful. I did get new brakes and rotors for my car, that was my gift, I even had to buy them myself. ha ha. Doug installed them Friday night, and it's so nice to not have my car make an awful noise and vibrate like crazy every time I put on my brakes. Now today, I will get him his anniversary gift , I will get 2 new tires put on my van. How exciting! ha ha ( we've always been WAY to practical ) We leave Thursday morning for vacation though, so we want to be safe.
Our vacation will consist of driving to Gurnee IL. to go to Six Flags on Thursday. I got coupons to get 2 days for the price of 1, so we will spend one day in the water park and the next in the amusment park ( or so we think that's how it will go) My Aunt and Uncle in Wisconsin live about an hour north of Six Flags so we will drive to thier house Thursday night , stay the night and then drive back to Six Flags on Friday morning. We will spend the day there again, and then drive back to my Aunt & Uncles Friday night and then my cousin is getting married on Saturday afternoon. After the wedding is dinner and then after dinner, we are going to make the trip home. We should be home before midnight. The we can all sleep in our own beds. We borrowed a portable DVD player for the trip, so that should help with the kids. We've already taken it on a test drive and the trip was so quiet.
The annual Blackhawk Scamble golf outing for the Atletic boosters was on Saturday. Doug missed it this year, but I did buy 2 raffle tickets, although, I didn't win anything. JoAnn's husband won a few things and one of the things he won, was 2 tickets to a Detroit Tigers baseball game, on Sun. Aug 21st, 9 rows up from the dugout. JoAnn called me yesturday and said Rick ( her husband) wanted her to call and ask, if it would be okay to give those tickets to Bradley... He'd been to a game a month or so back with his Grandpa and Uncle and cousin and had a GREAT time. He had asked Rick for all kinds of advice on who's autograph to get ect. Then after the game he couldn't stop talking about it. He'd had SO much fun. ( He loves baseball) , I of course said Yes!! Doug was wanting to take Brad to another game, but we just havent' had to money, so this was awsome!! So Rick then called back and talked to Brad and told him when he sees his van in the driveway, to come out because he wanted to talk to him, so then Brad was out pacing in the driveway waiting, then Rick gave him the tickets, he was so overwhelmed, he was almost speechless ( and that's not easy to do ha ha) Brad is SO excited, Rick even said, he couldn't think of a better kid to give those tickets to. How nice is that??!! So Brad will take his program back to the game and try to get more autographs.
Well, I guess I'd better get back to my laundry.... More soon ( I hope!! )
Monday, August 01, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment