Saturday, August 13, 2005
The wedding
Okay, so back to my last post. Saturday on our vacation was a nice low key day. We all rode on the motorcycle trike my Uncle built. I got a tour of the town and how much it's grown, and where everyone lives now. Then we had lunch, Then we were off to the beach. I told Doug I felt like I was laying in the wrong direction as I laid on the beach! ha ha. The kids were so happy, not being cooped up in a car and just playing in the sand, building things. We stayed for a few hours. It was soooooo nice. Then we got "home" and took showers and then Doug went to the gas station to fill up the gas tank and ice in the cooler. While Doug was gone, I got everything all packed up. We did 3 sweeps through the house, to make sure we had everything and we were off back to my cousin Ann's house for the wedding. The Justice of the P. got there just after 4pm ( it was a 4pm wedding) and then Boyd ( fiance ) stood up on the deck with Cody ( Daneens oldest son ) and then Kori ( Daneen's oldest daughter) walked up on the deck, the Kellcie was next ( daughter of bride and groom) and then Daneen came up on deck, it was a nice scene more like a family was being wed. The ceremony took all of maybe 10 minutes. Then we had dinner. There was beef and noodles, ham sandwiches, fruit, salads, you name it, they had it. Brad kept filling up his plate. Around 6:30pm we decided it was time to hit the road. We said our goodbyes, lots of hugs and kisses later we were on our way. We stopped at at TA travel center for a pit stop and for Doug to get some coffee, got the kids in thier jammies and back on the road. We got to Chicago about dark, so the kids got to see the city all lit up. Not too long after that the kids fell asleep and slept until we got home. They didn't even remember getting home. It was an awsome trip!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment