Summer thus far has been a whirlwind. T-ball ended Saturday. Ryan missed his last game. At his game last Thursday, he came up to me after being in the outfield and said his tummy hurt. So I got up folded up my chair and said, "Let's go" People looked at me funny. But Ryan never complains about his tummy hurting, especially when he's doing something he really enjoys. So I gathered up Bradley and we left. As soon as I got Ryan in the car with the air on and he drank some water, he felt fine. It was just too hot for him. It was in the upper 80's and really humid. We came home and went swimming and all was good. Then Saturday morning Ryan got up and wanted to take a bath before he went to t-ball, So he got undressed and his left thigh was about the size of mine. Something bite him, but he didn't know what or when, he also said it didn't hurt, just itched. So I called the Dr. they wanted to see him. So his appt. was smack dab in the middle of his last T-ball game. So at the Dr. she said, something bite him.... ha ha. she marked the worst area and said if it got red outside the area, to call back and she'd put him on an antibiotic. He's allergic to so many they don't like to put him on anything, unless it's really REALLY nessicary. She also put him on a big dose of Benedryl. He took his first dose before we left and within 1/2 hr. he was sound asleep in the car. After the Dr. appt. Saturday, I had to be back to the school by noon. Bradley had his scout Rocket launch. They were also having a cook out and awards ceremony. Did I fail to mention, that Brad is an offical Scout?? He's a Webalo. All official. His friend Matthew got him into it. His Dad is a den leader. So I feel comfortable with Brad doing this. Dave ( Matthew's Dad) even picked up Brad's uniform Monday, so now Brad's even more excited. He leaves Wednesday for camp, and then he'll be back Saturday.
Oh my , I started this back on June 30th and never got around to getting it finished, see what I mean by busy!
Well Bradley has been to camp. I guess the food wasn't great, and the sleeping conditions were.... tents... no night light, but he had a GREAT time! He's ready to go back next year. They were exhausted when they got home. Not 2 hours later, his friend Matthew was on the phone wondering if he could come over and try out his new remote control boat in our pool. So he came over while his parents and sister went up to Holland to get the pictures developed. They took Bradley's film for us too. The pictures were really cool, Bradley always had a big smile on his face. Dave said, after seeing the boys in camp and all the stuff they did, that every kid should have a chance to go, Meaning they should all be scouts. I know I have great memories of Girl Scout camp, although, I went every summer for 2 weeks at a time, as did my sister. My parents would send us a postcard from where they were vacationing.
We spent Sunday on the boat. We left from Saugatuck and rode to Holland on Lake Michigan. Ryan fell asleep, We weren't even 1/2 way to Holland yet. Doug noticed and I grabbed his life jacket just as he was about to fall over, and so Doug slowed down and I picked Ryan up to put him on my lap and he said "What..... What??.....) I told him he was falling asleep and he said he wasn't , he was just bored ( aka.... sleepy , he doens't like to admit he's tired) so I got him on my lap and we took off again, and he was out like a light. We got to the State Park in Holland and there were tons of boats anchored there, so we anchored close to the swimming area, and then I found out, Doug brought the umbrella and stand from our patio set, we don't have a canopy on the boat and we can't get out of the sun, so he puts up the umbrella and tied it to the windshield area and we had wonderful shade!! What a great idea, even if we didn't look like the people that have $60,000 + boats. The water was about 70 but once you got in, it wasn't so bad, Ryan was having a ball in the water, This kid doesn't care where he is, he just LOVES to be in the water. Throw a life jacket on him, he doesn't even mind if the water is 2' , 6' , 10' or 50' he just wants to be in it. Brad is a lot more timid, but he did manage to get in for a little bit. We hung out for awhile and then went into Lake Macatawa and beached the boat across from the Ottawa Beach Inn and had supper there, they were having a Chicken BBQ, it was yummy. Then we made our way back to Saugatuck and got home around 7:30pm. It was a great day. Today we picked up Matthew and went out to Hutchins Lake for the afternoon , we were going to go tubing, but we never got that far. We stopped at McFarlands to get the tube on the boat ect. and the boys started playing with the remote control boat again, and then they swam like crazy again, then Doug got paged to a fire and that was it, he dropped me and the boys at home, so then they had to swim in the pool for the rest of the afternoon.... tough life huh?? Then Bradley went home with Matthew and we'll pick him up tomorrow morning for swimming lessons.
Speaking of swimming lessons, Both boys did really great on thier first day... which is testing day, Ryan is in a group with a bunch of kids WAY bigger than him... he really swims like a fish, but that's just it.... like a fish, he'd does better under the water than on top. Brad is in the top class again. We'll have thier lessons everyday for 2 weeks now.
Speaking of Doug he took vacation days today and tomorrow, so he got to see the boys at swimming lessons for the first time..... ever.
I am in the process of re-decorating our bathroom... I'll post more on that next time, hopefully not so far in the future!!
Laundry calls, need to run!
Monday, July 11, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment