Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Football already??

Well, Bradley is attending Football camp at school, Its' just a 4 day thing, but Rocket Football sign-up is Saturday and Wednesday, so it's good that he goes to camp before sign up. He's been a little apprehensive about playing football. After Monday he said he still doesn't want to play football, and after yesturday, he really wants to play football, I guess we'll see what today brings! Today will also be his last day of camp, we will be leaving on our Family vacation tomorrow morning. I don't want to push Bradley into playing football, and I also don't want to discourage him, seems to be a fine line with this sport. The practice schedule is pretty intense and starts 2 weeks before school starts. I worry about his school work suffering.

I found out last night at a concert in the park in town, that Darcy Wilken the Camp Blackhawk teacher, will no longer do Camp Blackhawk, she got hired as the Art teacher in the Elementary. I have to say I'm bummed about the Camp Blackhawk thing, but I am THRILLED she got the teaching job. She really enjoys it, and she's really good at it. My kids love her! Bradley want's to be a latch key kid this year, Darcy thinks he will do fine, she said he's very responsible... almost too responsible. I'd have to agree, he's really growning up. It's not like he'd be home for very long and it's also not like I work 1/2 hr away.

About our vacation, we are going to Six Flags Great America in Gurnee Illinios, we leave early tomorrow morning, we will spend the day at the park and then we will drive an hour or so north to my Aunt and Uncles' in Wisconsin to stay, then Friday morning, we will get up again and go back to the park and then spend the day and then go back to my Aunt and uncles. It's been over 10 years since I was in Wisconsin, I have lots of cousins there and it will be great to see Uncle Bill and Aunt Audrey. Uncle Bill is my Mom's brother ( they are not like eachother at all, you'd think he was my Dad's brother instead!! ) Anyway, I haven't seen my Aunt and Uncle or a couple of cousins since my Mom's funeral and others since my Dad's funeral. So I"m really looking forward to going to see everyone! There is also a wedding on Saturday for my cousin Daneen. This will be her second.

Better run, I need to get to work and then have a busy afternoon running errands, laundry and packing!!

No comments: