Well, I write to you from germ central, aka: home. When last I posted, Ryan had been home from school sick all week, I was going to send him back to school on Friday, well, he woke up with Croup that day, and continued with it until Monday, when he finally went back to school, and I went back to work. Then Tuesday I came home from work, and Bradley has a sore throat and fever , needless to say, he's going to miss his first 2 days of school since 1st grade, NOT a happy guy. He made it back to school on Friday and then to Basketball on Saturday. I finished my 10 days of antibiotics on Saturday. Then Saturday, Doug started to not feel very well, sinus pressure .... Sunday he slept on and off most of the day. Then Monday morning at 2 am, I woke up and my throat was starting to hurt... again. I made it to school to do our PTO's fundraiser kick-off and then briefly went to Bradley's valentines party and then Ryan's party, then off to work I went ( They both had another party at Camp Blackhawk), I was really starting to feel nasty, my throat hurt and the pressure in my head was unbearable. I was going to go to Prime care after work, but I didn't want to sit up there for hours with tons of other germs, so I decided to call my Dr. So yesturday I called the dr and talked to a RUDE nurse, she told me I probably had a virus and I had to explain that I had been to Prime care and took meds for 10 days and it came back, she still insisted it was a virus and would have to talk to the Dr. then she called back and said I needed to come in for a strep culture. So I dropped Ryan off at school and up I went. They made me sit and wait for over an hour, then the grumpy nurse jammed a strep culture stick in my throat and I had a very difficult time with that, then she yelled at me for pulling away while gagging, and then hands me another stick and said, do it yourself. Can you imagine? Needless to say, I couldn't do it to myself either, then she gets grumpier and crams another one down my throat for so long.. you can only imagine... breakfast came up ( luckly I'd only had water) Then she got really mad and said, "What's your number, I'll have to call you later when I talk to a Dr., there aren't any here right now" So I went home, completly upset over the whole ordeal. I felt awful. When I got home, I climbed in bed and the phone rang, it was the nurse. They were calling in Augmentin 875 mg 2x per day. Finally, I got my antibiotic. She was much friendlier then, she was just convinced the Dr. wasn't going to prerscribe anything. ( I think I'll stick to Prime care for my next sore throat, they were good at the strep culture, very fast!!) So I got out of bed and went to get the meds. I ate toast so I wouldn't get an upset tummy from the horse pills. I got 2 in last night and already took one today, it's amazing, the pressure in my head is gone, my throat still hurts, but not as bad as it did. Now Ryan is home from school again today. He's having a pretty major Asthma flare up, he has to blow in his peak flow meter daily, and he should blow a 125 and starting last night, he was only blowing a 50. So he's on 2 different nebulizer meds and predisone ( he has a standing prescription for that for when he goes into the "red" zone which luckly doesn't happen very often. ) So that's why this place is now called germ central. My sister is avoiding us like the plague ( can't say I blame her)
Doug is leaving tomorrow evening for Texas. His parents are wintering down there. Thier 50th wedding anniversary is sometime around this weekend, so they were going to surprise them, but then decided, they'd better let them know they are coming otherwise, they could of been 1/2 way to Floriday by the time anyone got there. His sister Sue came up with the idea to surprise them, then his brother Ed waited awhile before deciding whether or not he was going to go, so when he decided he wasn't the price of the flight doubled, so then Sue decided she couldn't afford to go, but Deb the oldest ( who is also paying for Doug's flight) said she and Doug were still going to go. So they leave at 5:45pm tomorrow and then he returns on Sunday night at 9:45pm. It's going to be a loooooong weekend. See why I needed to get better so soon. I think I will take the kids to see a movie at some point during the weekend. We'll find fun things to do, maybe we'll even go to the Splash Zone as long as everyone stays on the not quite so sick side.... My babysitter for Sunday night has pnemonia right now, hopefully he'll be better! His mom warned him to slow down when he got a sore throat. Guess I'd better go find a suitcase for Doug...
Wednesday, February 16, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment