Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Bring on the Lysol....

Well, Doug made it back safetly from Texas. Luckly. The pilot came made the landing approach 3 times before he actually was able to land the plane. Doug's sister Debbie was white as a ghost once they were on the ground . They were both pretty stressed. The weather was terrible, it was not horribly windy, but we'd had snow , sleet and rain all day. My ride up to the airport was about as nerve wracking as thier landing. It took me 1-1/2 hrs to get there. I drove 35 all the way. You couldn't even see the lines on the road they were so snow and ice covered. The plows were out, but they seemed to be on the opposite side (good for the ride home) I had many cars go flying past me, like I was an idiot for going so slow and steady. One of those people, I just couldn't resist to honk and wave as I drove past them in the ditch. I passed about 6 vehicals that had fairly recently gone into the ditch... Don't you just love Michigan weather? I did get a babysitter since Doug's plane wasn't due in until 9:45pm. I had Nancy's ( whom I work with ) son Lucas babysit. Yes a 16 yr old boy came over to babysit my boys. They had so much fun. He got them to bed and they actually went to sleep for him ( they give me a harder time) When we got home , he asked how old the boys were, he had been talking to his girlfriend and she was wondering how old they were, he thought maybe 8 and 4, I said 3-1/2-4 months ago they were those ages! So maybe babysitting my kids are a "chick magent". Lucas is really good with kids. And Bradley thinks he's just the coolest, Since hes' a good football player and basketball player... So it was all good. Lucas told his mom he had fun.
I had to take Ryan back to the Dr. last night. The inflamation in his airways is just not getting better. His lungs are sounding better though. So he's now on another nebulizer medicine 2x per day, besides his albuterol nebs every 4 hours around the clock and then he's on his Orapred steriod med another 10 days ( yesturday would of been his last dose) and then he's still on his antibiotic for another 5 days. Needless to say, he's out of school yet, and he'll be going to work with me tonight. He's costing me more money than I'm making. I really need a Grandma around to babysit when he's like this. I actually got out of the house all alone last night. Doug met me at the Dr.s office and took the kids home (After stopping at Little Ceasars to get pizza for supper) and then I went grocery shopping. The cupboards and the fridge were empty!! They are filled up and happy again! Well, I'm off to iron the office laundry and watch it snow.

1 comment:

SLB said...

I'm jealous!! I want daffodils!!