Thursday, February 17, 2005

First night alone...

Well, we got Doug off on his airplane. He called about an hour ago, he'd made it to Houston. His flight from Houston left a few minutes early, so he should be in San Antonio in about 1/2 an hour. Then he's got a 3 hour ride in a rental car to get to Brownsville. Both of the kids talked to him when he called. Brad had just gone to bed and started to cry... He outlasted me, I was emotional when he went to the gate an hour before his flight was actually due to leave. I think I would of done better if he wasn't leaving me with a sick kid. Speaking of the sick kid. Ryan began running a fever yesturday afternoon ( good thing I didn't send him to school) His breathing treatments really were not helping a whole lot either. So this morning I called and made an appt. to see the Dr. We went in at 11:45... He had 2 breathing treatments back to back while there, and then the Dr. listened to his lungs more.. He's got pnemonia (sp??) If his blood oxygen level were 1 point lower, we would of been in the hospital. So we keep taking the steriod and now he's on an antibiotic and breathing treatments every 4 hours around the clock. If he's not doing better by tomorrow and is still wheezing after his treatments, then he's off to the hospital for more aggresive treatments, they can keep a closer eye on him and do breathing treatments more often. I am really hoping this doesn't happen and he gets better, because I'm not positive what I would do with Bradley, he can't hang out at the hospital all night with me and Ryan... So we're just going to hope and pray that Ryan takes a turn for the better!! Doug really felt horrible leaving us with Ryan being this sick. The wierd thing, Ryan doesn't really act really sick. When he's got motrin, his fever is gone, but his eyes look so droopy. Doug actually said at one point that he was just not going to go to Texas... His sister would of been really upset, I couldn't let him do that.
The kids don't have school tomorrow , so that's good. It's thier mid-winter break, they are off until Tuesday, which is good news for Ryan, although, he missed his 100's day party today.

No comments: