Wednesday, April 09, 2008

It must be Spring

We had some pretty strong storms go through here last night, it must be spring! Surprisingly, the kids didn't hear a thing! Plainwell has damage in the area, NWS is going to check out the damage and see if it was a micro burst or a tornado. The lightening was so bright and the thunder so load, it woke me up. Today is supposed to be near 50 and partly sunny. Tomorrow a chance of T-storms in the afternoon and the same for Friday highs near 50... I'm hoping it's not storming in Detroit!! I don't want to fly in a storm!! yikes!
I am getting a little nervous and excited! I have so much to do before we go. We plan to leave around 11 am Friday morning. I have laundry under control. I have to buy groceries for Doug & Ryan and I have to clean the house, and then I have to pack. I have my e-tickets ready, directions and coupon to the parking place. I have cooked meals that I can freeze, so Doug can just thaw, warm and eat also to make life easier for him.
Speaking of cooking, I made a new recipe last night, Burritos, I have never made them before. I think I would use less Enchilada sauce because I thought it was too saucy and it also called for 2 jars of brown gravy and I think I would use one instead. Brad loved them, he said they were the best he's ever had, Doug really liked them too, So I have learned how to cook something besides tacos and nachos! ;-) in the Mexican food category.
Doug's mom starts her chemotherapy today. I really hope she does well. She said they will give her medicine so she doesn't get sick from it... Unfortunately she assumes that she is going to feel great... That worries me a little, I know sooo many people that have gone through chemo ( and this is for stage 4 cancer) that the medicine controls the vomiting.. but it has side effects too that make you sleepy and feel run down as will the chemo. She told Brad she wants his baseball schedule because she plans to go to all his games.. I really hope she does really well and does feel great! it's a great attitude to have. The upside at least for us, she can't drive the next couple of weeks, so we get to use her car, so Doug will have a car while we're gone.
I did find out our plane comes in an hour earlier than I thought, so I was THRILLED with that! Brad and I should be home by 7:00 pm Nice and early so Ryan and Brad can unwind and get to bed on time for school the next day. I have to buy Ryan some kind of "kitty" while we're at the Zoo, so he'll be waiting for it.
I guess I should stop stalling and start getting the house clean so I can do my running tomorrow. I am really dreading leaving Ryan behind, I feel so guilty and he will not make it easy!! Hopefully my tears will stop by the time I get to Detroit.....

No comments: