Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Chilly start to May

May has begun, the flowers are shivering. It's a whopping 37 this morning. Baseball practice has been cold! As I recall, it was the same way last year. It's actually supposed to be a beautiful Mothers Day. 78 and sunny... rain late. Mothers Day is a tough day. Seems like that after 3 years of losing my Mom it would get easier. The pain isn't as intense, but the loss is huge. I will still go to the phone to call my Mom when the kids do somthing exciting or anything for that matter. This year is going to be extra tough on a good friend of mine. She lost her Mom last October. She has also found out that her step daughter who is about 3 months pregnant is unable to carry her baby, if she did, she would die. She had cancer when she was pregnant with her first daughter who is now around 3, and they did blood work and said the cancer is back and will be worse with this pregnancy because it's a hormone fed cancer. That is all confusing to me, but it's very sad for them all. She went to a specialist yesturday who gave her a pill to take, to terminate the pregnancy. What an awful thing to do. They said had it been 5 years since her last pregnancy, it would of been better. I feel for the family and my thoughts and prayers go out to them.
Yesterday I went to the Dr. to have a lump of scar tissue removed from my arm. It's just gotton bigger and bigger over the last year or so, it was time to go. It was amazing how fast the surgery went. It's pretty sore. I have to call the Dr.s office to get the biopsy results on Thursday. I was so nervous before I went. The best part, my friend who's going through all these hard times right now, went with me for support. Does'nt get any better than that! We went out for breakfast afterwards too! That was fun! I also woke up with sinus issues yesturday, as the day went on and I sat out in the cold for Baseball, it got worse, my night was awful. Doug started to not feel so well and had an upset stomach, So all I have to say.... Good thing we have 2 bathrooms in this house now!! Ryan is also not feeling very well. He's got a nasty cold and is on breathing treatments again too. Poor kid he didn't have the best night either , which didn't help my night! Will it ever be nice out?
Ryan played at the park yesturday during Baseball ( I know it didn't help his cold, but Doug was working at his 3rd job) this was the first time since he broke his arm that he's been to the park, I was a nervous wreck, He said he walked up to the pole , looked at it and walked away... it's too funny to hear him tell it. But luckly he didn't break any bones last night, hopefully we'll keep it that way.

No comments: