Monday, May 09, 2005

Another year older and deeper in debt.....

Well, it's my birthday, My husband didn't even say Happy Birthday when he left for work.... Brad is still in bed, home sick.... Guess his day of fishing was too much for him yesturday. Actually, I think he's caught the nasty cold I've had, and when it starts, you really feel miseable. Poor kid.
Mothers Day wasn't too bad, I've come to the conclusion, that I am the Mom... and that's how it should be celebrated. Which also surprised me, because that's how Doug treated it for the first time. Usually we have to go to the gun club for Mothers Day breakfast ( which I can't stand doing) then we spend the day sitting around starring at my inlaws, being critisised over everything I do wrong... according to my Mother in law... Apperantly it's wrong to play with the kids or read with the kids instead of keeping my house perfectly spotless.... And I hear about how she had 4 kids, 3 under 3 yrs old and how she didn't have a car to get anywhere and how she didn't spend a dime of her "husbands" money.... she only spends "her" money.... ect. ect. What she does'nt seem to understand is... it's 2005 times have changed. There is no his or my money... we have OUR money ( or don't have ha ha) . Sometimes I think she's jealous. I'll admit, the kitchen floor looks pretty nasty today. But I had a great day with my kids. we went fishing, we walked around the yard looking at the flowering trees, watching the bees collect pollen ( which is pretty cool to see ) and then we played basketball and Ryan made his first basket. ( the hoop is as low as it goes) We also started out the day for Breakfast at Bob Evans ( that I liked, much better food ) . We also got carni food downtown Holland. So all in all ( after my ranting ) I had a great day being ... Mom. The kids kept giving me hugs and kisses and said Happy Mothers Day, and I told them the best part of the whole day is being thier Mom... I'm the lucky one.
We uncovered the pool this weekend too. Surprisingly, it was clear, there are a bunch of leaves in the bottom of it, but you can see them clearly! I will try to scoop out as many as possible today. The neighbors were shocked, Charlie looked and said, it's already clean! and then he told his wife, we've got 20 minutes of work and it's done. We shocked it so in a day or 2 I'll check the water and get it balanced. Then I can call the pool heater repair man. We need our heater fixed but it had to be up and running to get it looked at, that's why we did it so early. Sure does look nice to see it open.
Wow, my husband just called me, and wished me a Happy Birthday.. I'm impressed.
Guess I'd better run and get on with my day!

1 comment:

SLB said...

I still don't do throw up and you moved too far away!!