Monday, May 23, 2005

Happy Days

My oldest ( not as in age) and dearest friend Amy has left for Korea with her husband to pick up thier new son Asher. This is so exciting! They adopted thier first son from Korea too, almost 3-1/2 yrs ago. While I am so excited and happy for her, since there is no better gift to give your child than a sibling, it stirs up lots of emotions for me. #1- I can't afford to go out there to meet Asher and congratulate Tru on being a big brother! So that's a bummer! The other is, the day Amy and Brendon brought Tru home from Korea, was the day my Mom died. How wierd is that? Mom was so excited about Truman, Every time she saw Amy's Mom she said she highly recommended grandchildren and she should get herself some. ( Mom loved my boys) , So mom was thrilled Amy was becoming a Mom. I know Mom and Dad are watching.
Last night was a loooooooong night for us. For the last few days Ryan hasn't been himself. First it was angry intestines, I'm thinking from some Ice Tea his dad thought he should have , once I cut him off of it, he's been fine, and he never felt sick. Then his allergies seem to have really kicked in. Unfortunatly there isn't too much in the way of medications for him to take to help control them, he's allergic to most Antihistimines. Benedryl is about all he can take. Wierd huh?! So I've been doing breathing treatments around the clock. I got him all hooked up once last night and he slept through most of it, but when he was almost done, I sat down on his bed and he woke up and was sort of freaked out, until he really woke up and realized what was happening. Then he was okay. Poor kiddo. He handles it all so well.
It's hard to belive Ryan only has 4 days of school left. Thursday is his last day. This is also bitter sweet for me. He's excited that he'll be going to Kindergarten in the fall. I wish he'd stay my baby forever. Next year school will also be all day everyday, that will be hard for me, especially with him being so sickly, at least with this year, he could sleep in when he wasn't feeling well, or up late coughing ( just like right now he's still sleeping) and then he'd be doing fine in time to go to school, he'd only be there for a few hours and then he could come home and rest... What will next year be like?? He's reading 1st grade books now, so that's fun. I was at Barnes and Noble yesturday and found tons of books I could get for him that are early readers, I wish I had more $$. I did get some flash cards for addition that we started working on. I don't push him, but he loves to learn, so I thought, why not. I got Bradley some multiplication flash cards, so I knew Ryan would want some too. And while Brad was multiplying, Ryan was adding. They have some sight word flash cards too, so I may go back and get those this weekend. They also had some reading and math workbooks, for the summer before Kindergarten and the summer before 4th grade , so I think I will get those too. They say kids brains really relax during the summer, and they forget a lot or regress?? So I am going to try my best to not let that happen. Third grade hasn't been to difficult in the way of homework and what they've done ( WAY too many movies watched ) So 4th grade is going to be a rude awakening for Bradley, I"ve also requested a teacher that requires a lot from the kids, but does a lot of really neat projects. So it's going to be really tough for awhile. Brad has 4-1/2 days of school left. It sure isn't summer break weather yet!! Brrrrrr The pool is open, just needs to get warm now!
My thoughts and prayers go out to Amy and her family for a smooth transition and VERY safe trip home!! I am so happy for you!!

No comments: