Gosh, what was I thinking, I should stay a little more up to date on here!! I know I promised over 2 months ago...
Doug and Bradley are in Indiana on a fun Boy Scouting adventure. They went to French Lick to a railroad museum, where they were going to start working on their railroading merit badge. Then they were off to Marengo Cave for a Crystal palace tour, then to relax and have dinner. They are actually staying in cabins this time, but still cooking outside and have to walk to the bathrooms/showers. They left at 6 am yesterday. Then this morning, they got up and went to Marengo cave for an underground adventure, which consisted of crawling through spots, I did speak to Doug briefly while they were on their way from the cave tour, to their 1/2 day of canoeing. He doesn't have a cell phone signal where they're staying. He said they spend most of their time in the water, so their legs and feet got cold. ( I sent junkie shoes for that ). After the underground adventure they went to Squire Boone cave, which is a national monument, which is great for Brad to visit for his citizenship in the nation merit badge he's almost earned. Then they went for a 1/2 day canoe trip. After canoeing they were going back to the cabins around 8pm for dinner. The boys chose a simple menu since they had such a packed schedule. They just wanted cereal for breakfast, sandwiches for lunch, burger and hot dogs last night, and spaghetti and garlic bread tonight. Then tomorrow, they will again have cereal, go back to French Lick , to catch their train ride and finish up their merit badges, then back to lodge around noon for more sandwiches and then on their way home. They should be home around 8-9 pm. tomorrow night. Doug took the camera, and so did Denise so I will also download her pics on my computer, Doug said she took her camera on the underground adventure, so I hope they turn out well.
This group of boys have been really busy fundraising for this event. They brought their cost down to $50 per scout, for family members that wanted to go we'd have to pay the full amount, so that's one reason Ryan and I didn't go, that and you have to be 10 for the underground thing.
Ryan and I have had a good time. We went to Holland yesterday and ran some errands and did banking. Then today it rained for awhile so we went to see the movie UP.. it was really cute, funny thing too, two of our neighbors were there too! Then he and I bought groceries, went to Gordon foods and came home. I taste tested the lunch meat while we prepared Friday's sandwiches Thursday night, they had ham and turkey on sale so I bought one of each also so I can put it in food saver bags and freeze it. I got about 25 lbs of lunch meat for $28 can't beat that!! And these boys can eat! I also got a box of steaks ( Doug's been craving beef instead of chicken ) and a box of frozen burgers. It's so much cheaper to buy it there. We will really save on groceries now for awhile!! Just need staples every week.
Saturday, June 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment