Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day weekend

Doug driving the fire truck in the Memorial Day parade.
Our local vetrans.
Bradley marching with the Boy Scouts.
Those were the pictures from the Memorial Day parade yesterday. After the parade we had the Johnsons & Schmucks over for lunch ( we hadn't spent enough time with them yet) I made burritos since we'd had enough stuff from the grill. The kids swam, it was warm out, but the pool is still coooold!!! kids seemed to have fun though! The weather made a perfect Memorial Day! Thank you to all the vetrans who have served our country!!

On to our camping.....

Our campsite from the lake I took this while out fishing. Our tent is the blue one in the middle between the red one and the camper.
our beautiful campfire Saturday night. Perfect coals for s'mores!!
Ryan's sleeping area in our tent. He was on top of 2 sleeping bags and in a really warm one, with his fav. blanket inside and one on top. It was chilly at night! He was cozy. When he woke up, he slipped on his crocs and went to the beach and grabbed his fishing pole, we laughed because he didn't even look awake yet!!
Bradley and his little tiny fish when we checked out a different lake. The ride there and back was an adventure in itself.
This is what being a boy is all about. Does it get any better than this?


The view from our campsite.
Ryan playing in the water and the sand when he wasn't fishing.
Ryan and his friend Nathan fishing.
Bradley's fish, he learned to filet it and cook it and then he ate it.
Ryan's first fish. He was so excited!!!


We went camping. Can you believe I went to a rustic campground?? We went with the Johnson's & Schmucks and a few other boy scouts and the Miller family. They worked on their Fishing merit badge. Dave got up there Thursday to get our spots, he got 3 of them. The rest of us got there about 9:30pm Friday night and we left around 7:30 Sunday night. I was proud of myself for using the icky vault toilet and not having a shower. If it had been warmer, I would of been a lot more crabby about that! Technically, it was only Saturday because I showered before we left and then Sunday when we got home... but still ick! I'm not a roughing type of person, but I didn't whine. Ryan woke up yesterday morning all bummed that we weren't still camping. He loved it, he could get up and get right to the fishing. and he played in the sand and water. The pictures tell the story.

No comments: