Sunday, March 11, 2007

A visit

I had a visit from a friend of mine I haven't seen since Bradley was maybe 2-1/2 yrs. old. Her name is Dorene ( Dor for short) Dor and I were in Boot Camp together, lets see.... 18 years ago. She lives in Ohio. She emailed me out of the blue on Thursday to see if I was going to be around on Saturday. She and her husband bought a car and needed to find parts for it, they didn't realize how hard it was going to be to get parts. They've been searching online for months, and they found them last week, she overheard her husband and his friend say, " We'll just drive up to Grand Rapids Michigan on Saturday and get them , (to save $175 for shipping) and drive back..... Dor said her ears perked up and she said " I'll go!!!" Her husband thought she was crazy, I mean what woman actually wants to go GET car parts for her husband , I know I hate doing that, anyway, she told him she knew I lived really close to GR. The cool thing is, where she had to go was on the SW side of GR so that made it even closer to me! She got here around 1:30 and stayed until about 6:15pm, it was a great visit, she got to meet both the boys and Doug. It's amazing how we can just pick up right where we left off!! I hope it's not 9 years before we see each other again! I will have to drive over to see her!

1 comment: