Thursday, March 22, 2007

Surgery

Ryan had surgery this morning, he had a big huge "mole" taken off his ankle, it was something that showed up just after he was born.. and it's just gotten bigger and darker. We had it looked at back in January, and surgery was scheduled in the Grandville office for today. I had explained the whole procedure to him, and then as the Med. Assistant started to numb it... he got upset... so did his tummy!!! :-0 He broke out in a cold sweat and turned very VERY pale!! We got him some water and then he felt a little better... he pretty much kept his head buried the rest of the procedure. I promised him a new stuffed kitty... then the MA in with us, said, Oh are you going to go to Build a Bear... so that's where we went. Since he was still numb and can't walk for a couple days I got him a wheel chair to sit in. We went to Build a Bear he picked out a snow leopard, and named it Snickerdoodles. Then I went to Yankee Candle and got myself something special! ;-). Then off to Best Buy to get a couple of movies and then home. He had a pretty traumatic day, when Brad got home from school, he went in the see Ryan and he was sound asleep! Poor kiddo! Now I am making cinnamon rolls for a bake sale at school tomorrow and doing laundry. Oh, he also ended up with 12 stitches.

2 comments:

Tom said...

I hope Ryan is feeling better. We had sick boys twice this week...ah the wonder of grand parenting.

Amy Lutz said...

Love the name Snickerdoodles!