Another Mothers Day has come and gone. Doug and the boys left Saturday to go shopping for Mothers Day, and I was leaving to go shopping for groceries and Doug needed some new shoes. So just as I was leaving, the boys called, from the fire station, Doug got a fire call just as they had turned up 58th Street, so I went to pick up the boys. Needless to say, they didn't shop and I didn't get groceries. I did get to Kohls and got Doug a new pair of shoes. We ran out of time in the day, Doug and I had plans to go out with some friends and our sitter was going to be over at 3:45. We went to the Olive Garden for dinner, good thing we got there early there was a large prom crowd. After dinner we wandered the mall, got Bradley and Matthew some baseball socks to match thier uniforms, thier first game is Thursday. After that we rode around for awhile, and ended up at the Krispie Kreme store... too bad I was feeling a little icky, car sickness from being in the back seat kicked in, how embarrassing!! I did move to the front, drank some water and then felt better. I told Doug yesturday that if I had felt better, we would of gotton 2 doz doughnuts!! We got home before 11pm. The kids were sound asleep. Lucas did a good job as usual. Then there was yesturday we missed the Pancake Breakfast at the gun club.. I was up and ready , but Doug decided it would take too long to get everyone ready and out the door in a reasonable amount of time , so it was NOT my fault we didn't make it, I was ready! ;-) We had doughnuts for breakfast. Then Doug and the boys decided to try the shopping thing again.. They left and then I left too, to get groceries and pick up my layaway at Meijers. When I got a case of Chlorine and my layaway at Meijers, I pretty much ran out of room in my cart, so I got a few other things that I know are a lot cheaper at Meijers than Family Fare and left, As I was on my way to Meijers, Doug called and asked if I wanted to meet them at Pizza Hut for lunch ... So I went the other direction and got there first. I ordered drinks, breadsticks and pizza before they even got there, that was a smart thing to do, less time waiting! After lunch I made it to Family Fare and bought groceries. When I got home the kids and Dad took me out to the car to get my present out of the truck. I got a stainless steel firebowl. I'd been wanting some sort of fire thingie for the patio!! I was VERY excited, they all did good. I guess they looked at fountains too, but they were twice as much!! I was thrilled with the fire bowl!! I then did laundry all day and cleaned the kids rooms. The meaning of Mothers Day has changed for me over the last few years, it went from My doing things nice for my Mom, to me being the Mom.. wierd huh?? Doug bought his mom some lilies.... All in all, it was a GREAT Mothers Day .. Thank you boys!!
Today Bradley is home from school sick. His allergies have been really bad the last few weeks, and now he's running a fever and coughing like crazy, his chest hurts when he coughs too... He's got baseball practice tonight and when I said if he stays home he'll miss practice, he didn't care... That's how I knew he really doesn't feel good. Poor kid. At least he doesn't have the tummy bug that Ryan had 2 weeks ago that last 5 days!!!! That was nasty. I guess I'd better get back to more laundy, I will utilize this day I must be at home.
Monday, May 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment