Thursday, June 16, 2005

Summer is flying by...

Gosh, it's really hard to belive June if over 1/2 over. I personally love summer! I just wish I could afford to do more with the kids. There are so many movies they want to see, and want to mini golf and stuff like that, but there just isnt' the extra money. I sometimes feel like it's so unfair to them, to not be able to do all that fun extra stuff with them, but should I feel that way? They have a swingset in the backyard, we have a swimming pool in the back yard, they have toys, bikes ect. isnt' that what summer is really all about? Having summer fun at home playing with all your friends? I hope so. Did I mention the kids pool hop with the neighbors. I think Ryan likes to be at the neighbors pool better than ours at times, because it has a bigger more shallow, shallow end, and he can play without his floaties. Oh, I also forgot to mention, Ryan has graduated to swimmies on his arms, rather than his body floaty. He is really doing a good job. He goes underwater and swims too. They start swimming lessons in about a month, I'm glad they are in the middle of summer, because Ryan will test better and end up in a good group where he'll learn more than, how to put your face into the water. More exciting news, It was a nasty cold rainy day yesturday, but the rain had stopped somewhat, so the kids were outside playing, I was inside on my hands and knees scubbing my kitchen and dining room floors (which are so old they never look beautifully clean) and Brad starts screaming and yelling hysterically, I'm thinking someone was just run over by a car or somthing worse ( hard to tell if he was upset, or excited) well my fears were put to rest when I could finally figure out what was going on, Ryan was riding his bike without training wheels!!!! I guess Brad was going to fix the wheels because one had come loose again, and so he put the wheels up instead of down and then took off on Ryan's bike, I guess Ryan got upset and yelled at Brad to bring his bike back, so he did and then Ryan got on his bike and took off on it, he never realized the wheels weren't down. Bradley was so excited. So now we are training wheel free. I'm sure by next summer, he will be floaty free. Ryan was so excited, he couldn't wait until his Daddy got home to show him what he can do now. I think Doug was a little bummed, because he worked with him about a month or so ago and gave up on him. I said when he's ready, he'll do it.,, I was right as usual ha ha.

No comments: