Okay, so Friday wasn't my last day at Cranes, One of the girls had called me on Wednesday, asking if I'd work on Saturday, I said Yes... silly me.. but then again, what's one more day. It was a lot different in November than in October, very strange, there were only 2 of us in the kitchen, and it went smoothly. The servers were stressed, no food runner, and lunch was very busy.. when our orders were all out, the dessert orders started to come in, well, since it's November and not October, I had time to start dishing up the desserts for the servers... Funny thing, the servers started to smile.. their stress level seemed to have faded a touch, Even one, who is generally grumpy and was really upset, smiled and told everyone I was her friend... how sweet, I thought, why shouldn't I try to ease the stress for them, I had time, It felt good to help them out so much on my last day. I also said I would work weekends next year too. I really did enjoy it. I've met a lot of really great people.
This week I still don't have Thursday and Friday off. Nancy is going to Vegas, so I will be working at the office. But then, I'll have a 2 day weekend!! Today on my first day off since September, I have spent the day doing laundry, I also went grocery shopping and to Sam's Club, I have cleaned the living room and dining room windows inside and out and dusted the living & dining room also. I also cleaned the bathroom... there is still so much to do around here!! I would of loved to have another day off... I guess it'll wait until next weekend.
Sunday, November 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment