Wednesday, January 03, 2007
Farewell Mr. President
Well, it's been a huge story week here in West Michigan. President Ford was welcomed home, and laid to rest in Grand Rapids on the grounds of his Presidential museum. My family was of 58,000 people that went to pay their respects while he lay in repose in the museum. It was a 5 hour process and we got home at 1:30am. The kids did great! Brad wore his scout uniform. Ryan got a little antsy and really tired around 11pm.. but he survived another hour in line. It was worth it! Brad slept until 1:00 this afternoon... Ryan I believe got up around 10 or so. It felt good to pay my respects and to say good-bye. I feel for his family, I know how hard it is to lose someone you love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment