Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Supper so early??

Why is it, my husband feels he needs to call me at 7:30am to ask me what I'm making for supper.... and then proceed to tell me how to make it?? I could of gone back to bed, I don't have to be to work until noon.... I work until 5 two nights a week ( which is generally 5:30/45) and 6 one night a week (which is also 30-45 mins. later) I always have one meal planned that is very quick and simple to make, last night, rotisserie chicken from Family Fare and Uncle Ben's ready to cook rice in a pouch and a salad... quick easy.... yummy... Then the other 2 nights, I use my crock pot. Something that doesn't take too long on Tuesday since I can start it later and on the other day, something that takes all day to cook since I start it before I leave at 7:30am and won't be home again until after work ( since I have NO car.... ) we will usually have leftovers one of the nights and then Friday night is Pizza night which is also our family movie night. Weekends, I like to have Doug cook, he loves to cook, so why not right! Well, his mother seems to think since he's cooking on the weekends that I don't cook at all and Poor Dougy has to cook and do everything around here... grrrrr He never mentions that pretty much the rest of the week, he goes to work and then comes home to hold the couch down... after all, he worked all day.... apparently since he doesn't see me leave before him in the morning and I'm usually (except 1 day a week) home before him he doesn't consider that what I'm doing is going to WORK!!! Then I get home and I have to help with homework, finish supper and serve it, then clean it up, then pick up the house , and do laundry, bathe a kid, get them ready for bed, do breathing treatments and drug them up ( allergies have been terrible) then put the kids to bed... then put them to bed again.... adn again.... again.... then get back to the laundry , unload the dishwasher if it's done running and the wow, it's almost 10pm I'm exhausted... But poor Dougy has to do everything..... Apperently the phone call made me a little crabby!!

No comments: