Saturday, January 28, 2006

I'm baaack

Well, I wasn't online for a couple of months, computer issues.... Talk about internet withdrawl. In that amount of time, I had Thanksgiving.... Ryan decided to throw up from Tuesday thru Thursday night, so it was a nice quiet Thanksgiving, I did deliver dinner to my sister, she said it was just like Mom's. Then I had my sugery on Dec. 7th. That went well.... The recovery had been longer than I imagined. I got pretty run down. I also ended up with Strep Throat by the 22nd of December ( thanks to being run down) and then I took Ryan for his regular check up at the Dr. on the 23rd, found out he had Impatigo (sp??) which he gets a lot, and then the Dr. asked if he had a sore throat, I said, not that he's complained about, but Bradley did for about 3 days early that week with no fever though, and that I was at the Dr. the previous day with Strep, so he did a strep culture on Ryan.... it was positive ( he did great for the procedure too!!!) So then since Brad was in the waiting room we got him back and did a culture and his was also positive.... apparently, they don't have to have a fever or act sicker than sick to have strep... 3 antibiotics, 3 office calls and over $100 later, the 3 of us were on the mend for Christmas, no longer contagious after 24 hrs of the meds... which took us to 6pm on Christmas Eve... when we had to be at my Aunt's for the Arnett gathering. Christmas day was another adventure... My sister got here about 9am, breakfast was almost ready. Doug was just setting some food on the table when his fire pager goes off. Fully involved structure fire in Clyde township.... UGH can you imagine losing your house on Christmas day?? How awful! Luckly the people weren't home they were opening gifts with family, very sad. But that delayed us.... We ate without him, I let the kids open thier stockings, Then I let them open one santa gift..... an hour later.... another.... can you imagine trying to keep your kids from opening thier gifts on Christmas morning? We watched Madagascar, that Ryan got in his stocking from Santa... Then we watched Polar Express that Bradley got in his stocking from Santa and I let the boys open the rest of thier Santa gifts ( a total of 8 gifts each approx) Polar Express was almost done when Doug got home. So we opened the rest of the gifts... That's the longest Christmas has ever taken in the house ( meaning since I was a kid) Then I made sandwhiches for the kids and then we started to prepare for Christmas dinner. The Bales were all coming to our house this year. It all went great, I was exhausted.
Since all that, and obviously still being run down, I have caught a nasty cold/sinus thing. not much fun. My tummy now feels pretty icky since last night... I hope it goes away SOON!!! and I get my immune system back! I worked Mon-Thurs this week too and was at the school doing volunteer stuff all day yesturday. I think I need a day to relax and do nothing, but I don't see that happening! I need to do laundry, clean the house and then we have to be at the Saugatuck Fire Dept for a dinner thing tonight. I also have to find time when I feel good to get some groceries. We also have only 1 car which makes life pretty difficult. We got rid of my van. My favorite car.... very sad, but I just couldn't stand being so broke... So away went a huge monthly expense. I've also picked up an extra day at work a week, so that is good, now we just need to find a car that we can pay cash for and come up with some cash... there's always a catch isn't there! Things will be looking up!
You'll never guess what we saw this morning, hanging out under our pine tree in the front yard.... Robins!! You guessed it, It's January and the Robins are in town.... That's almost creepy!! It's supposed to be a balmy 45 today and tomorrow and a chance of rain... I'm thinking it's going to snow like crazy come Spring break!
On that note, I've rambled on long enough for now, I think I have most things caught up, So I will go get started on all my projects for the day..... a nap sounds SO much better!!!

No comments: