Thursday, October 06, 2005

Fall is in the air....

Goodness, what a difference a day makes... As in the weather! It was 62 this morning when the kids went out to the bus, now it is 52, which is where it's been since later this afternoon, a cold front came through and it got chilly. Not supposed to be too much warmer tomorrow, which is the kick off for the Goose Festival in town. The Fire Truck parade will be at 6 pm tomorrow night, Doug and the boys will be in the parade, it's always a fun time. Doug is at the station now getting the station all clean for company, and the trucks all shiney ( this is usually when they get a major call, when everything is parade ready!) Other area departments come to show off thier trucks too, Then they have sandwhiches ect after the parade, we always enjoy that! Saturday the Goose Festival big parade is at 1pm ( don't quote me on that) Doug will again be in it with a truck and Brad will be marching with the Scouts.. he's so exicted! I also have to have my bake sale stuff at the Fire Station by 10:30am.. the Scouts are having a bake sale. The FAFD always has a Chicken BBQ on Saturday during the Goose Festival, great place for lunch, and then this year, you can buy dessert to take home! I will spend tomorrow between popping popcorn at school for PTO and volunteering in Ryan's classroom, baking, I will have a small window between after school and before the parade too.... busy weekend. Popcorn is usually between 8-10:30am and then Centers in Ry's class is from 2-2:45. Ryan is "cooking" in his class tomorrow also, so I need to find out what time they do that, I'd like to get some pictures.. They are making "ugly bugs" These consist of lg marshmallows, pretzel sticks, frosting and mini m-n-m's I was the mom that volunteered to bring these items in.... I see some sort of pattern with me... I also volunteered to take in healthy snacks for Brad's classroom this week for the MEAPS tests. I took in enough for 3 days.... if only Brad could get extra credit for that, it may help his grades.. wishful thinking. Bradley's teacher sent home a 1/2 way progress report, he also sends hom weekly reports.. Brad seems to forget/lose 2 assignments a week, I ask about homework, I check the website for homework and he says he did it.... Any advice from the teachers out there on this problem?? He's getting above C's but missing too many assignments. I'm hoping that won't happen this week... we'll see. Report cards come home the day before his birthday. Ryan can't /won't learn to tie his shoes.... why is it, he can read a 2nd grade book but won't even attempt to try the shoe thing, he says his friend Zachary will do it for him.
I guess I will sign off for the night, it's just about past my bedtime and it appears I have a busy day tomorrow!

No comments: