Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Another year older

Well, it happened, my first born has turned 10... a whole decade old... 2 digits... Gosh, you'd think I was dwelling on this, okay, maybe I am, when I look back on the last 10 years, so many things have happened. I've had 2 children, lost both my parents and an uncle, bought a house, went from working full time to part time, and well, basically got 10 years older. The scary thing is, when I look into the next decade ( hoping I'll be around that much longer, you just never know) There are so many more changes that will occur... I will have a child in College, or so I hope, and I will have another, just about to get his drivers license, can you imagine how many jobs I will have to work to pay for college and car ins. for a 16 year old boy??!!! YIKES!!! My baby will be 6 in 9 days.
I will be having surgery... On your Birthday Amy... Think of me at 4:30am your time, being put under for the next 3 hours... and then waking up feeling nasty for a few weeks. I am really nervous about it. I'm also concerned about how Doug is going to handle this. He doesn't have any vacation time, so he can't really take much time off. I am going to have to rely on the help of friends and hope the kids are good helpers. I have so much to do to get the house in order, I need to meal plan, and get some meals made that Doug can just take out of the freezer and warm up, I have to write out laundry instructions... stuff like that, Doug did say, that with the laundry, I wont' be wearing anything nice, so he doesn't have to worry about ruining anything. If only my Mom were around to help. I REALLLY don't want my MIL around, I haven't even told her about it!
The leaves are so pretty right now, we hope to get a family picture taken of us in our yard at some point in the next week or so, nothing professional, just a friend of ours is going to take some pictures and then we can get some blown up. Nothing fancy.... but that's how we are.
Brad had a Webelos camp out Friday night, they slept in tents, brrrr. He said his toes were pretty cold when he woke up in the morning, but he had a great time. Mimi and Papa took the boys out to Pizza Hut too, to celebrate thier birthdays. So while they were out, Doug and I checked out the new resturant in town called O Charley's , I had a French dip, it was pretty good, Doug had a burger.
Guess I'd better get to bed, mornings come WAY too early !!! I don't really like getting up early, but once I'm up and showered, i'm a happy camper, if I sleep late, I feel lazy all day and that just bugs me!

No comments: