Friday, September 28, 2007

Basement progress...



This is the North wall of the basement... We have put up the last of our wall supports. These are filled with re bar and concrete, we have a total of 7 supports... 3 on the east wall, 3 on the west wall and one on the North wall, the basement is by the south wall, so no water issues. Since we put these supports up mainly on the east wall, it hasn't moved or cracked anymore. On the "good" side of the basement, we covered the supports, so you'd never know they were there. They are filled with re bar and concrete.
We should be done with the project on Sunday... We just have to put concrete in the wall under the windows and then fill in under the windows with mortar.... then... done!! Then we can get it all clean!! We had a really heavy rainfall last night and it's dry today!!

As far as the fall around here.... Bradley is driving me crazy with his lack of responsibility with school work. Ryan is getting 11 right out of 10 spelling words every week ( he even gets the bonus word) and he also wants to play math top it all the time... I'm not going to argue!! I am working 5 days a week right now between Dr. Cassell's and Crane's.. starting next Monday, I will be working 7 days a week. I will be working at Crane's Thursday thru Sunday. All I can think about is, my kids will actually have a Christmas thanks to Cranes'!! I will make almost double what I made last year, and that's going to be GREAT!!! I'll even be able to buy my cooking making supplies!! Weather wise for fall, we are seasonal right now, around 70 for highs, we'll be back near 80 most of next week.... I am NOT going to complain!!!
Also an update on the boy scout controversy... We will be moving to a new troop that will be forming.. These leaders just can't get along! How sad is that? We are staying with Dave, he will be the new troops Scoutmaster and he is all about what the boys want to do, which is how it should be. Teaching them to be leaders. After Bradley went to the International Scout Rally last weekend he walks around saying he wants to be an Eagle Scout again... He's got a lot of work ahead of him, but he's excited about it. I hope everything goes well, Fennville is kind of small for 2 boy scout troops....

No comments: